Popup surveys are a powerful feature available to our Enterprise users. As an organisation, you are the experts on what your customers are looking for and the service they expect to receive. But, it’s always useful to dig a bit deeper to find out a little more, and what’s better than getting opinion straight from the horse’s mouth? Popup surveys can help you find the answers that you are looking for! Read on to learn more about the benefits and how to set them up…
Collecting data from customers and acting on their feedback helps business drive improvement. This article by Forbes describes 3 reasons to ask for customer feedback;
- Learn what your customers like and don’t like
- Make customers feel important and involved
- Constantly improve
A popup survey can add value by capturing information from visitors to your website. By targeting visitors in a non-intrusive way with relevant and engaging questions, you can get the feedback needed to help improve your organisation’s customer experience.
An essential marketing tool
Popup surveys, or website intercepts as they are also known, really come into their own when you don’t have an audience list to send your online surveys to. Feedback from visitors to your website could really help you make tactical business decisions with service or product development, giving you the control to improve your image. Used strategically, website exit surveys can become your new best friend by helping you ask the right questions, at the right time, to the right visitors, enabling you to capture feedback from people you would have otherwise have missed!
Top tips for smart popup surveys
Popup surveys on websites developed a bad reputation over the years, mainly as a result of using overly aggressive tactics to make website visitors take notice of them. Used cleverly, with the right message and triggers, your popup survey can have a positive impact on user experience and add value to your business.
Guidelines for creating popup surveys;
- Schedule the popup to appear at an appropriate time, not straight away
- Make it obvious what will happen if visitors choose to participate
- Have a clear, concise Call To Action
- Indicate how long it will take to complete
- Keep it short so as not to take up too much of your visitors time
- Make the questions highly relevant to the page that is being displayed
- Relate the message to what visitors are doing on your website
- Provide instructions about leaving the page
- Show your appreciation – Thank visitors and offer incentives for taking part
Smart planning is all it takes to ensure exit survey questions provide your organisation with valuable information that can make a difference.
Simple set up
With our intuitive set up, you can be up and running with your own mobile responsive message in a few easy steps – it’s as simple as 1 – 2 - 3!
- Create a survey in your SmartSurvey account using all our survey design features
- Click ‘Popup Invite’ when you are ready to start collecting responses
- Copy and paste a short piece of code into your chosen web page
All this with absolutely no HTML or programming knowledge required - it really couldn’t be easier to start gathering feedback immediately!
Settings for popup surveys
You can select the settings that will offer you the most insight;
- Select how many visitors will see the popup, from 100% down to 1%, it’s your choice
- Trigger the popup survey to appear by page view or time spent on the page
- Target visitor behaviour, such as completing a purchase or cancelling a subscription
- Control the number of days between the popup showing to the same user twice
- Choose the look and feel of your popup to appeal to different target audiences
- Use SmartSurvey advanced reporting tools to analyse the data collected
Simply save any changes you make, as you go, or create new surveys to gather specific information. You are now set up and ready to start collecting feedback!
SmartSurvey also offers an advanced popup exit feature to further improve the customer journey. When enabled, visitors to your web site will be intercepted with an invitation popup message, inviting them to take part in the survey on exit. The Popup Window will stay open, but remain unobtrusive based on your specific needs, for example until 10 seconds after arrival on the home page. As soon as visitors leave your website, they will be redirected to the exit survey via an exit popup window.
Visitors can enjoy uninterrupted browsing of your site before giving informed, relevant feedback at the end of their visit.
Reasons to listen to your customers
Listening to your customers is a sure-fire way to continually improve services or products, here are some of our top tips for designing customer satisfaction surveys and why they are important. With popup surveys, you can provide visitors to your website with the opportunity to tell you explicitly what they like or don’t like, what they would like to see more of and what improvements they would like to be made. Today’s tech-savvy consumers don’t want to receive communications that aren’t relevant to them, so don’t forget, for the best results keep your questions targeted and only ask questions that you want to know the answers to.
SmartSurvey customer support
Adding popup exit surveys to your website is a very simple way to start gathering valuable feedback that you can act on to improve customer satisfaction. The team here at SmartSurvey are ready to answer any questions you may have. For further information on how to create a survey, simply login to your account and take a look at our help guide. Alternatively, contact our friendly support team and let them know how they can help.