We have been busy updating and redesigning our website to make it easier to navigate and give you more options. However, it’s so much more than just a new look, there are some exciting new survey features that we want to tell you about as well. Keep reading to find out what’s new and how it will help you get the most out of SmartSurvey…
As the old adage goes, ‘a change is as good as a rest’! We listened to what our customers were telling us and as a result, we have given our dashboard a refresh to make it more user friendly. If you have a moment, please leave us a comment at the bottom of this blog to let us know what you think about the changes!
New Survey Features
As well as our new look, the team have also been busy designing and developing some useful new features and we are excited to reveal them here. Have a read through to see what we have added to help you conduct more effective online surveys, then give us a call if you would like some more information. Let’s get started with a brief overview of what is new….
This brand new feature, available on all accounts including free, allows you to talk directly to your website visitors with your own targeted popup surveys. Ask the questions you need in order to learn what it is your customers want. Tailor your message to be triggered by the visitor’s action;
- Trigger the popup survey to appear when visitors land on a certain page
- Set the survey popup to appear based on time spent on a page
- Target visitor behaviour, such as making a purchase or cancelling a subscription
Popup Surveys are simple to set up with no programming knowledge required. Contact us to request your beta access.
A crucial part to understanding your website visitors is not just capturing those on your site but engaging with those who leave. Enterprise Plan account holders can take advantage of an advanced feature allowing the user to create an exit intercept survey. This has been designed to gather relevant feedback by redirecting visitors to an exit survey when they leave your site.
The digital world love connectivity! The unsung hero of interconnectivity is the API, a sort of digital waiter who delivers what you ask for, making it easy to be connected to each other. The SmartSurvey API gives you access to secure survey data for use in your own applications. Click here for a comprehensive guide to help you start working with the SmartSurvey API. Contact us to request your beta access.
You now have the ability, with a SmartSurvey account, to create webhooks that will enable you to post data to an endpoint of your choice when certain things happen. This creates value for you as an instant notification device or could pass an email from a completed form into a database. Contact us to request your beta access.
We now work with Zapier, a web app automation service, helping you save valuable time by allowing you to create connections between your apps and automate your repetitive tasks. The SmartSurvey trigger (BETA) currently triggers a range of actions when a survey or form has a new response. Our team will be developing new triggers and actions so that you have a range of automation options, in the meantime please contact our support team for more information.
Some popular ideas for using a Zap;
- Create a new salesforce lead – when a survey has a new response
- Add a new contact to a mailing list – when a survey has a new response
- Save a response to a Google Sheet – when a survey has a new response
- Create a new activity, card, or notification in Trello - when a survey has a new response
- Post a new message in Slack – when a survey has a new response
We have added new chart types to the result chart creator. Simply click on ‘Create Chart’ in the results section of your survey and click on the drop down box next to ‘Display’ for the new options.
Bulk File Download
We have updated this feature so that you can now download all the files uploaded in an individual’s response into one zip file. This is a great time-saving feature to enhance an already great question type.
Surveys that are no longer active can be archived into a separate folder so that they no longer show on the list of active surveys. Users can set a survey folder to become an ‘Archive’ and organise their surveys into that folder. They are easily accessible so that you can simply find them if you need to run the same survey again.
Custom Survey Templates
Users are now able to create a survey and assign it to a template folder. This will save you time as you won’t have to visit the question library to find previously used questions.
Share Custom Survey Templates
SmartSurvey is built with ease of use in mind and this new feature allows you to create and save your survey templates and share them with sub-users.
In addition to the new features detailed above, we have also been busy working on some updates to existing features. Check out the list below;
Updated SmartSurvey Features
- My Account – You can now manage your account details from the new “My Account” page
- Email Triggers – Not only can you now specify which translation the PDF response will be emailed in but you can now create a new email trigger using a previously created trigger
- Date Picker Translations – The date picker on the date question type has now been translated to all supported languages
- Piping – You can now pipe translation/language and tracking link details into the survey
- Billing Details – You can now add a billing contact to your account
- File Cabinet and Survey Uploads – We have generated more friendly URLs for the file cabinet and file upload question type files
- Survey Translation Selection – You can now specify a translation for a survey link using a two-character language code in the query string. For example; lang=en
- SMS Message Limit – It is now possible to increase the SMS text limit on messages. It will show a warning if it goes over 160. If you continue, it will use 2 credits or more per message
- Delete Confirmation – You can now click the return key to submit the delete confirmation dialogue box
- Contact List Creator – We have changed the custom column creator in the contact list to make it more user-friendly
- Help Tips – If you need a little guidance, the Question Mark tips have been updated. We will continue to add tips across the system so keep an eye out for more. However, if you need an immediate solution, please contact our support team who will be happy to help
- Survey Default Folder – Automatically save a new survey into the folder that is currently being viewed
- Translations – You can now view individual responses using a different translation option in the survey
- Contact List Search – We have added a search box to the address box to help you search for a specific contact in your lists
Please note: Some of the new features and updates mentioned above are only available on Enterprise Plan accounts, please contact us if you have any queries or would like to know more about them.
Tell us what you think!
We hope you find all the updates and enhancements useful and user-friendly. We value your constructive feedback and would love to hear from you if you have any comments on our latest features. Please leave us a comment below or email us at email@example.com.
Let us know what works for you or if you would like any further information about SmartSurvey products. Why not book a live, personalised demo and one of the members of our support team will show you exactly how everything works.